Place: Fish Creek Bridge, Wilson WY
Time: 5:00 pm
Day: 5/20/08
Temp: 50 degrees
Weather: Rainy and cloudy
Wind: Very windy, but in gusts
Soil: Really damp because of the rain
Today the area has changed so much since last week! There are blossoms on the willows, and the grass is grown and all over the place, with no remaining snow. The creek is going faster and the water has risen since the rain. I predict that if they rain continues, the next time I observe my football-sized area, it will be very damp and the water will be much higher.
Today I observed two birds which I predict White-Throated Swifts, which were either a couple, or one was a baby. White-Throated Swifts carry food for their yound in an expandable throat pouch. Again I observed mallards, who I see almost every time I drive by the creek. Right now I am observing plant life between the flora, because as all the plants grow, there is less and less room. Right now grass seems to be overtaking the flower type shrubs that are trying to grow, but i predict these shrubs wont be able to grow because they dont get enough sunlight through the willows. The Aspens are growing, and I predict that plant life below them will probably cease to grow as well, since a grove of aspens are always connected by its roots under ground, not leaving much space for other organisms to grow. I usually see moose here, but lately I havent seen any, and I am wondering if the weather just wont allow it, or if they move with the season change. Every day I see more and more insects, who seem to be breeding under the rocks. I predict that as the weather gets warmer, mosquitoes will arrive. I also observed alot of worms today. It will be fun to see if the watery weather causes the increase in organisms, or the decrease in organisms.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi sarah. how are you. squeker hates you
Post a Comment